Login to access subscriber-only resources.
Rights of Authors
Rights of Journal Author(s)
The WAIMM Journal of Earth Resources Engineering determines the publishing agreement between the author and the Journal. The publishing agreement establishes the rights of the journal to publish and disseminate research articles. The agreement transfers the copyright license to the WAIMM Journal of Earth Resources Engineering and retains the significant rights of the author to use and share their own published articles. WAIMM Journal of Earth Resources Engineering supports the author’s right to share, disseminate and maximize the impact of their research. The rights of the authors are specified below:
The authors transfer copyright to the publisher as part of the journal publishing agreement, but have the right to:
- Share their articles to their colleagues for personal use, internal institutional use and scholarly sharing purposes, with a DOI link to the version of record.
- Retain the patent, trademark and other intellectual property rights including research data.
- Proper attribution and credit for the published work.
Open access articles
The authors have the copyright but license exclusive rights in their published article to the publisher after the exclusive license agreement is signed. The rights of the authors include the following:
- The right to share or reuse their published article in the same way permitted to third parties per relevant end user license so long as the article contains the CrossMark logo, end user license, and DOI link.
- The choice of licenses to determine the re-utilization of their published articles such as the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license and the Creative Commons Non-Derivative Non-Commercial (CC BY-NC-ND) license. The re-utilization license enables authors to copy and redistribute the article in any preferred format.
- The patent, trademark and intellectual property rights are retained by the author.
- Appropriate credit and attribution of the published work.